Since two decades, SEO exists in one way or the other. But in these 15 years, many changes have taken place in the SEO field. Keyword usage has been highly modified and link building is now used only for back links.
On the other hand, social signals, quality content and semantics have increased to an extent. And now, the most important thing; mobile friendliness has become an important ranking factor. However, the main important thing is doing an SEO Audit.
SEO Audit is like doing complete health check up of your website. Advanced Audit helps you to define a clear roadmap that showcases the weaknesses of your website. But as we know there are innumerable sources available on the internet that provides detailed information about SEO.
Yes, this makes people confused as to which is the reliable source of SEO information as there are many bad sources available online. So, always organize and analyze your information and stick to the basics.
How to do SEO Audit?
- Proper Client Communication: While performing SEO Audit, it’s important to have good understanding about your business. It’s necessary to have proper client communication to have detailed insights about the recommended SEO strategy.
Identify the factors that drive conversions, provide quality leads and what do they consist of? Also, confirm the accuracy of the conversion data, know their goals for coming one to five years. Provide them the keywords that they must rank for. All these things must be confirmed with the client before actually starting their audit.
- Determine the Objectives: Some people absolutely forget their goals when they are actually performing the SEO audit. It’s necessary to have goals in order to measure the accuracy of the data and so it’s necessary to have detailed conversation about it with the client.
Jot down all the goals on paper and then fix a perfect deadline for each of them to be achieved.
- Analytics: You must have access to Google Analytics as well as other third party analytic channels and chances are there that you may get previous data which will make your audit an easier task.
- Webmaster Tools: A very useful tool while performing SEO Audit but for this it’s necessary to have admin access to Webmaster tools. These tools offer a predefined set of keywords as well as query that Google Analytics lack in.
In case your client doesn’t use Webmaster tools then you can do it after their permission by simply submitting their site map to Google.
Once you have taken the access to all the SEO tools that are necessary to perform SEO audit then comes the time to check everything that consists of SEO audit.
SEO Audit Elements
After having complete access to necessary accounts required at the time of Audit then comes the turn of various elements included in the Audit process and these are as follows:
- Site Crawl: Know how the website is being indexed by Google. For this just type” site.abc.com” in the Google search bar and this will show you all the pages of that website that are indexed by Google.
In order to get more results, you can use tools like Screaming Frog and from these tools; you can get a complete report which can then be exported into CSV format.
- Site Speed: An important factor for identifying the visitor usability of your website is the Site Speed. Several tools like Google’s Page Insights, Pingdom helps you to determine the website speed for mobile as well as desktop. Further, it also provides useful suggestions to improve the speed.
- Domain: Get complete details about the website domain from various tools like Who.is. Domain authority is also to be considered while performing SEO audit.
Well, these are some important steps that must be performed before carrying out the first SEO Audit. To know more about such SEO updates, stay connected with Platinum SEO, SEO Agency in Melbourne.