Digital marketing has made customer interactions automatic and hence now it will become even more imperative. Technology partners can then rethink their strategy as to how their services and products can re-frame customer experience.
Marketers can automate something but this doesn’t mean that they will offer an amazing user experience and here research shows that marketers need help. As per a recent survey, 96% of Chief marketing officers are never satisfied with their ability to offer customer journeys.
Another survey found that 12% of marketers think that their marketing is accurate enough to meet with the needs of their customers. Now, those who wish to focus on marketing services can assist businesses to overcome this challenge.
This can be done easily with Adaptive Marketing. So, what exactly this Adaptive Marketing is?
Adaptive Marketing – Meaning:
Adaptive Marketing refers to the use of data, technology and processes that can be used to develop customer experiences which constantly evolve based on various behaviours, interests as well as needs of actual people.
Here, the main aim is to prepare a flexible strategy for engaging customers over several channels. As per adaptive marketing; customers always go for non linear paths during their journeys.
Instead of trying to guess those paths or automate them into different journeys that any one hardly follows, companies must allow their customers to choose their own path and then have a system which gets adjusted quickly.
How Partners and Marketers together offer a perfect adaptive marketing strategy?
- Helping marketing teams categorize available data: There are many buzzwords like “big data” and with these, it is advisable to try and address customer experience issues along with algorithms as well as data modelling.
From the strategic point of view, it is advisable to first understand what data types are. Some of the examples include:
- Customer preferences or attributes. Data about products, services or topics their customers are interested in.
- Customer behaviours and events, how quickly can the events be tracked?
- Anonymous behaviours such as data available to them about anonymous interactions. This can be visitors’ data on their website or use of any data management platform, data related to audience etc.
- Working towards single Channel: In today’s time; customers use several channels at a single time such as display advertising, email, mobile, social as well as web.
Adaptive marketing requires that there is cooperation among these channels and hence most enterprises today handle the execution of marketing on such channels with applications that are separated from one another.
One of the ways to address this challenge is to work with internal stake holders and agree upon single record system to manage customer interactions at one place.
- Test it rather than guessing it: Marketers can test the interactions which help them to be more adaptive to customer behaviour. A/B testing can be a place here to begin with.
Later on, you can go on with multivariate testing as well as other such mechanisms that enhance the experience based on customer behaviour, propensity as well as attributes.
Next time, try out this adaptive marketing with your clients and see whether you are able to take first step towards adaptive marketing strategy or not.
Hope this blog post helped you to understand Adaptive marketing in proper manner. Stay connected with us at Platinum SEO, an esteemed Melbourne SEO Services firm.