What do you do, when you need to find some information or find a product or a service? The most common way to do it nowadays is to look up the term on a search engine. You enter what you are looking for and with the click of a mouse or the tap of a finger your browser fetches the most suitable results for you. Search engine optimization or SEO attempts to improve the ranking of your website in the search engine results. The higher the rank of your website, the more frequently it appears in the list of search results. Most websites, who aim to attract traffic towards them, use expert SEO services.
What does an SEO expert do?
An SEO expert helps companies get business from online search engines. An expert SEO service will bring to you all those techniques that will help you to improve your online ranking.
How do SEO experts work?
Primarily, there are four activities that an SEO expert will do for you:
- Conduct extensive research
- Create content
- Build high quality links
- Analyze results and make changes accordingly
This is always the first phase, because each customer and each business is different. Typically the research phase includes the following:
- Keyword Research: SEO experts research and identify the keywords that will produce the best results – something relevant to the client’s business.
- Google Analytics: A review of previous performances through Google Analytics or any other web analytics tool helps identify the trends and improvement opportunities.
- Google Webmaster Tools Analysis: Google’s Webmaster Tools allows you the SEO expert to review a client’s history and current status – helping to identify technical issues or factors that are bringing down the rank.
- Link Profile Analysis: Cleaning up spam links that point to a website is an essential part of SEO.
- Site Audit: Sometimes during the initial research, an SEO expert might conduct a complete audit of the client’s website and include different parameters like load speed, URL structure, content, internal links, title and meta description tags.
As a result of the research and audit, some of the activities to begin with may include:
- Website redesign: If the website is outdated or visitor conversion rate is low, a redesign is recommended.
- Code overhaul: Sometimes it becomes necessary to completely change the way a website is coded to make it more SEO friendly. It could be a simple cleanup of existing code or totally new code being used, while maintaining the design integrity.
- Removal of harmful links: If the initial analysis reveals a lot of links doing more harm than good, then these need to be removed by contacting the webmaster.
This is a constant activity, to ensure the relevance of the website. Some of the activities related to link building include:
- Link monitoring: To prevent negative SEO, it is important to monitor the links. Also, the target of the links needs to be monitored to make them more relevant.
- Competitor research: If something is working for a competitor, it might work for you – for example, similar links.
- Brand monitoring: Wherever a website is mentioned, a website link should be included and if not, the SEO expert needs to find these cases and include the link.
- Outreach: An SEO expert reaches out to the different websites that are related to a business, for content promotion and link generation. A typical example could be a guest blog.
When looking for expert SEO services, remember to find an SEO expert who uses natural and organic techniques to get a high ranking for your website – the key is to avoid penalties that might negatively impact your business.