Be it any business, it’s necessary to get it found in local search. Local searches really generate more business. Most of the smart phone users and tablet owners carry out local searches on daily basis. This equals to 70% of all internet users who perform local searches on daily basis.
Based on Google’s study of consumer’s local search behaviour, Local searches tend to maximize purchases. Local searches often render high conversion rates. One can easily get huge traffic through local SEO however one should be easily able to get it.
Hence, we can say it’s really beneficial for businesses to have good presence in local searches. So, here are some tips to make most of your local SEO:
- Develop mobile friendly SEO site: Either get a responsive website developed or optimize the current website for mobile devices. Not having mobile friendly website can refrain you from getting more customers and it seems like your local SEO efforts are benefiting to those who have a mobile friendly site.It’s mandatory for businesses to appear on smart phones. 90% of people search for local businesses on their mobile device and 80% take quick action when found one that matches their needs.This trend has increased in 2014 and the usage of internet on mobile will yet increase in 2015. As compared to desktop searches, mobile searches have increased to an extent. So, you haven’t preferred to optimize your site for mobile, do it now.
- Basic Local SEO optimization for your site: Optimize your website in such a way that it is easily available for local searches. This can be done by:
- Including your contact details like as address, contact number and business hours to the website footer.
- Including alternate text tag to the website logo. This alternate text must contain company name, city, state, address and business type.
- Webpage must contain 300 words of content. It’s important that people can easily understand your business industry and the type of work you are doing. Content with images is an added advantage as it helps to understand business in a proper manner.
- Use a title tag that is descriptive, keyword eccentric and unique for every webpage of your site. Make most use of H1/H2/H3 heading throughout the site and make sure to include city name in them.
- Create Google My business Listing: Google My business is one of the latest platforms that offer the list of local businesses. Listing is free and it’s one of the important places where one must have its business listed.Provide as much information about your company as you can, include your business in as many categories as you can, add images of your business, add your working hours, contact details.
- Set up Yahoo Local Listing: Yahoo offers three types of business listings. The basic one is free. Select it and create one with all details so that you can be easily found from Yahoo as well.
- Create Bing Business Listing: Bing has less audience as compared to Google yet it has good power over searches and so it’s one of the useful things to create a business listing on Bing as well. You should be visible everywhere so make Bing, Google, Yahoo listings as and when needed.
- Local directory listings: Based on the business type, select the local directory listing and provide your genuine business information in that listing.
- Increase social following: It’s advisable to Hire a Social Media Manager to do this as it needs expertise and time to do this on regular basis. However, for small business firms initially it’s fine to manage social accounts on their own.
Hope with these few SEO tips you will be able to optimize Local SEO in a better way. To get more guidance, you can visit well known SEO Company Sydney, Platinum SEO.