For most of the people; Google maps is their favourite mobile app. But there are some who use iPhone and that’s the reason they are unable to use all the features of Google Maps and use the app to its full potential.
There are certain features in Google maps which are only available for Android version of the app. Here, in this blog post we will discuss some of those awesome things that Android owners can do with Google Maps.
Things that Android owners can do with Google Maps:
- Use Google maps Offline: Good news for Android users is that they can easily get turn by turn directions without having any internet connection. This feature is very useful when you are in other country and don’t wish to get hit with expensive data overage fees.
To get offline maps; it is necessary to download an area that is ahead of time. This can be anything a city or even a country with a Wi-Fi connection. To do this, just search for a place and then tap it on Google.
This refers to as Place sheet which is available at the bottom of the screen. Now, tap “download” at the right. Here, you will see a window which will show the area that it will get downloaded.
This is an adjustable window but the bigger the area the larger the file. This will make it easy to use Google Maps for getting driving directions and then search for addresses when you don’t have an internet connection.
- The app can be used to find the cheapest gas on the entire route: Google Maps can now be used to find the least expensive place to fill up the ranks and here you don’t have to type your destination again and again once you routed the gas station.
In order to get the gas stations and gas prices, tap on the magnifying glass on the top of the screen and then select the gas station from the drop down menu, Google Maps will tell you the time that is to be added to the trip if you avoid looking for gas stations.
- Search for Coffee shops, restaurants and more in the route: Finding your business on such routes will not mess out for final destination. Google Maps will show the ratings and the time added to the trip if you visit one of the businesses.
- Android users can see bike routes in Google Maps: If you want to get bike directions then you will see the elevation of your route. This appears right below the mileage and estimated time.
- Voice commands can be used in Navigation mode: Voice search is popular. Now, even voice commands are used in navigation mode to get the directions. Here, you can say “Ok Google, what’s my next turn? And you will know your directions. This will help you to keep your eyes on the road.
- See detailed business listings such as popular time to visit any restaurant: In order to get a detailed business listing, just tap on the place sheet at the bottom of the screen. You can see the popular times for different days by scrolling from left and right.
- Iphone owners; no need to be sad: Many features will make their way to the iOS version of Google Maps. So, don’t worry iPhone owners; days are very near when you will be able to make maximum use of iPhone apps.
Hence, at present Android owners are able to make maximum use of Google Maps. Very soon, these maps will be used at its full potential by iPhone users as well.
Hope this blog post was useful to you and will help you to get proper directions. For more such updates and tricks, stay connected with Platinum SEO; a well known Local SEO Company in Melbourne.