In case you have your own website and are working hard to generate traffic to it then you must have definitely come across a famous term called SEO also known as Search Engine Optimization. Many of you who do not have much interest in Melbourne SEO will be wondering what in the world does this mean. Is this a programming language or a marketing tool? How am I going to use it? All these different questions keep popping up in one’s mind. One of the reasons that make it hard to understand is that it has many definitions and this rather makes it more complex to understand. Read on further if you feel the same too.
What does it mean actually?
As I said that SEO has multiple definitions, the one mentioned below is the only one that I could understand. According to what I have understood, it is the process which is completely responsible for getting traffic from various places including the search results made on the search engines. We have three major search engines in total such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. These search engines display the search results for the searches that have been made where all the other web pages and other content are shown. Contents such as videos or local listings are ranked based on the relevance found by the search engines. The method of payment is not involved in this since it is mostly done through paid search ads.
While the process of SEO is termed to be complex, there are some of the common practices mentioned below that you should keep in mind while performing it.
- An analysis should be done on a regular basis on all your competitors so that you’re aware of the type of competition going on along with the areas where you need to improve.
- Intact keyword research and analysis for new keywords to be done.
- Optimization of the web pages using perfect keywords. In this part, you need to be familiar at least with HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) and different terms like Meta tags, page titles, anchor text and much more.
- The building of links through the creation of quality content and publication of directories.
Guide to use SEO
SEO involves optimization of a website and all the page contents under it including the site structure too. It also involves the process to promote a website in the search engines as time passes. Both the above-mentioned aspects are labour intensive and the performance needs to be equally monitored through a variety of other tools such as Google analytics and Bing’s webmaster portal.
Once you have completed the entire process of SEO in your website, it is necessary to maintain it as well. This maintenance includes the following tasks to be done:
- Regular research for new keyword phrases.
- Articles should be researched well and the quality of writing it needs to be maintained. This can then be published and promoted.
- Only optimized new and fresh web page content needs to be used.
- Regular updates and changes need to be done in a website
- The continuous process of link building strategy.
So, this was all about the basics of SEO. If you are interested in learning more about it then there is a lot of helpful information that you will get it online.
Are you new to Melbourne SEO? Get professional guidance and help from a trained and experienced team at Platinum SEO. Get an appointment today and see it for yourself!