Doing online business has now become a trend. However, it is very difficult to measure online performance but with tools like Google Analytics, one can easily do so. Here, in this blog post we will discuss how Google Analytics can be useful to you in improving the performance of your online business.
Steps to get Perfect data from Google Analytics:
- Prepare a measurement plan: Before we achieve something; we prepare a plan to achieve it. So, first of all the key thing is to link our business plans with Google Analytics. This can be anything like as strategies, objectives, tactics, KPIs, targets and more.
- Create three views for Data property: With Google Analytics, one gets a single view known as “All Website Data”. This is available for each of its property. Here, we can two more views to protect our data. These two views can be “test” for testing and another known as “master” which creates a copy of the same.
Yes, while creating these two views; make sure that the country, time, currency settings are accurate.
- Keep internal teams away from reports: If our own business teams will view the data then chances are there that it might get altered. Apart from this, spammers must also be avoided. This can be tested using test view and then added to “master” view.
So, here’s how you can keep spammers away:
- Create filters
- Collect a range of IP addresses and prohibit them.
- Collect and restrict spam referrers.
- Reviews must be done quarterly as IP addresses of spam referrers do get changed from time to time.
For every goal achieved, something must be given as a reward. This will let you see your most valuable pages in the reports.
Hope with this blog post; you will be able to get the knowledge about using Google Analytics to measure your business performance. For more such updates and guidance about SEO; stay tuned to Platinum SEO; SEO Company in Melbourne.