We do a lot of SEO and web marketing forums on a daily basis and there are often discussions about the SEO industry and ethics each time. After engaging in these debates, it has become really clear that the main problems are the fact that no two SEO Melbourne companies are the same and there is no integrated system. It’s very difficult to make a statement about the industry as a whole as it is debatable what ‘SEO’ really is. Combine this with the fact that most SEO companies keep their method and campaign strategy a secret, and we have a situation where each company is completely different with very different results.
- Fact 1: There is no integrated SEO method. SEO is really defined by Wikipedia as the process of improving traffic from the SERPS to the site. Of course, how they do it is a real question and it causes discussion.
- Fact 2: The effectiveness of an SEO campaign depends on the site design, site content, keywords, methodology and how popular the site is. The site can’t rank for any random keywords. SEO is not even voodoo. It combines logic, problem-solving and web marketing together. If your site doesn’t provide value to users, it probably won’t rank.
- Fact 3: Some SEO follow black hat tactics. Of course, all of these are marketed as SEO. It provides results at all costs and is always short-lived (usually ending with a restricted domain name). Ethical optimization opens the site for search engines and provides long-term benefits.
- Fact 4: Most SEO companies get paid for whether or not your site gets a ranking. Unfortunately, this is the case with the industry. Most of the SEO companies apply A, B and C and move on to the next client. Hopefully, the site is ranked. If that doesn’t happen, they always have more customers.
- Fact 5: Most SEO Melbourne companies use underlying strategies, both ethical and unethical. For maximum profit, it is very common for SEO companies to buy bulk links. It is also common for SEO companies to place large volumes of contracts in inbound linking for the poor quality of site optimization.
We don’t think it’s fair to fully characterize what is wrong with this industry and how SEO companies can overcome it. How, then, can we determine what is really good and what is bad about the industry? We at Platinum SEO services have combined with numerous web postings and forum discussions talking about the same root issues, we have compiled a list of very common issues.